Analysis of Interactive Fairytale
My Original Idea vs. The Finished Project
While my original intentions for my interactive film were to create a story that had various loops in the plot, my final product has had many changes along the way. Including:
- Platform: In my original idea, I wanted my interactive film to be presented on INTERLUDE because it gave a more professional feel to my work. But since my edits were bigger than 200MB, I couldn’t. I didn’t have enough resources at home
- Plot: My original sketch of the interactive fairytale was much more complicated than the one we ended up to have. There were various motives for this, such as few actors and time schedules.
- Locations: All the scenes were filmed at Hana’s house which wasn’t intended at first. To film in the train station we needed a permit but we could not get it since it was a lot of paperwork for such an amateur film.
Product’s Technical Qualities
The final product filmed on a SONY FS100, which was on track with the plan. In Premiere Pro CS6, the edit for each individual clip. Finally, on YouTube the interactive media was organized and uploaded.
The purpose of creating an original fairy tale that had a twist but at the same time could be appropriate for children was a challenge. We made the script with no offensive language. The only twists we gave to the plot were the finding of the “drugs” which were not called like that on the short film. Another was the divorce of the parents, a misunderstanding between two parents.
Uploading all the videos on YouTube and writing a eye-catching title with an according description
Making all the videos uploaded private and create a playlist to storage all before the final edit (making them interactive)
Organize all the videos with the script so they can be in order in the playlist
Create the options in each video, to create the interactive part in the film.
Testing the Platform
I tested the YouTube videos in my iPhone